It is hard to believe that a new school year is getting under way! The Discovery Middle PTA Board has been meeting and planning for the upcoming school year. The Discovery PTA supports the school in several ways, such as teacher startup funds, library materials, Reflections contest, academic achievement awards, Teacher Appreciation and school upgrades. In order to continue to be a successful PTA, we need your support.
There are several ways that you can help us during the school year:
• Join the PTA: Membership fees are $7 per person. Memberships are accepted year-round
• Volunteering: Providing food items, working for a couple of hours at picture day, schedule pickup, hospitality, teacher appreciation, etc. If interested, please contact Elizabeth Sykes Smith, VP of Volunteers at Kbsmith83@hotmail.com.
• Donations: The PTA provides startup money for teachers each year, funds the awards programs at the end of the year and continually supports the school while keeping fundraising to a minimum. Please consider making a one-time donation of $25 (or more if you like!). This is a tax deductible donation for which we can provide you a receipt or letter.
• Box Tops and Labels for Education: Help support your school by clipping labels from grocery items you have at home! Box Tops and Labels for Education are accepted year-round and can be turned into your student's first block teacher or to the front office. Visit these sites to view participating products:
• Discovery Cups: This year the PTA will be selling plastic tumblers with lids and straws. The cups are great for cold drinks and will have the Discovery Panther logo. They are available at the front office or by contacting the PTA President.
Thanks so much for your support!
Discovery PTA President
2016-2017 PTA Officers
VP of Volunteers
Elizabeth Sykes Smith
VP of Programs
LeAnne Letize McGee
VP of Membership