Hello, my name is John Hampton and I am the In School Suspension Instructor here at Discovery Middle School. I have held this position for the past 6 years and I thoroughly enjoy making a positive impact in the lives of the Discovery Middle School student body. I am currently pursuing my Bachelor of Science Degree in Secondary Education/History.
On a more personal note, my wife and I are the proud parents of two sons, Zacchaeus and Johnathan. In my spare time, I like to read, play sports, and exercise, and spend valuable family time with my wife and sons. I am also a fan of SEC football, the Tennessee Titans, and the Miami Heat (NBA).
ISS ROOM RULES
1. I will not eat, drink, or chew while in ISS.
2. I will not leave ISS without getting permission from the ISS Instructor.
3. I will not sleep in ISS. I will read and educate myself to keep from sleeping.
4. I will pick up all forms of litter from around my desk daily.
5. I will have all of my supplies and books before coming to ISS.
6. I will not use any forms of electronic communication, i.e., cell phones, I-pods, PSP's, etc., in ISS.
7. I will not write or draw on any desks, walls, books, or any other school property.
8. I will not steal in ISS. I will respect myself and others.
9. I will not use profanity in ISS.
10. I will not use ISS student computers to play games or to go to uneducational sites unless given permission from the ISS Instructor.
11. I will not throw, toss, flip, or kick anything in ISS.
12. I will not talk nor walk without permission.
13. I will not harass, horseplay, nor fight in ISS.
14. I understand that while in ISS, I will finish all work given by my teachers. They are giving this work not as punishment but to keep me from falling behind in class. I will complete each assignment before starting a new one.
15. I will not talk to anyone while going to and in the restroom.
16. I am able to get a drink of water after I use the restroom and only after.
17. I do have the choice not to go to the restroom and get a drink of water; however, I will be quiet while the rest of the students take their turn.
18. I will line up in a single file line and walk to the lunchroom in a single file line.
19. I will not talk while going to and from the lunchroom.